Nearly 67000 searches are made on Google every second. For any piece of information, you access the search engine. When you enter the hit button, a list of searches pops on the search engine result page (SERP). The list coming on the screen contains both organic and paid results. The first two appeared on the screen are paid searches while those coming up at middle are organic results that search engine found relevant to your searched topic.
Having a good online presence is important to have a sound understanding of both the organic results and paid results. It is significant to know their differences and their employment for your website which is a critical aspect. Let’s get into details of what they actually are and how they differ.
Organic results are called to be “natural” searches that appear on your SERP. To be natural means that the google algorithm analyzes the content of the pages and brings forth those searches that contain all the relevant information regarding the topic you are looking for. The algorithm evaluates the pages on the basis of the keywords placed on the page. In addition to this, the page is scanned for multiples things (like proper title tags, Meta description, URL, keywords, awesome content, etc), and the more relevant the information, the higher the ranking.
In an organic search, for a google algorithm to rank your page higher, smart employment of SEO techniques is crucial. It helps google to spot your page and brings it to higher positions on SERP. That is why 82% of marketers found SEO to be increasingly effective. However, this may take up to six months or more to get a ranking.
Paid results are the paid ads o search engines or digital platforms for the business that can bring your website to the top of searches directly. There is an increasing trend among marketers to opt for SEM (Search Engine Marketing) so that their website appears on the search list first while looking for something using specific keywords. It is easy to identify these searches on SERP as a paid results have an indicator “Ad” alongside the title tag.
It is important to note that 97% of the total revenue of Google comes from ads. For a paid results on Google, Adwords is used by marketers to craft their ads and they bid for the placement of their ads on their desire places in the auction. It is said that whoever pays the higher price in the auction gets the higher position in the search list. However, Google ensures user's interest even in the paid results. That’s why even among the paid results google places those ads on higher positions that are relevant.
If the difference between organic and paid results is put in one word, it is the cost difference. For paid results, the monetary assets are being used.
Both the strategies can be proven fruitful if utilized rightfully. It might be onerous to choose the right type of strategy, but it can provide a long time benefit. But it is important to invest your time and budget in the right spot. For example, Instagram ads would be beneficial for a clothing brand but might not benefit a tech business. To have a better insight lets go through the pros and cons of the two.
Organic Results follow a slow but steady approach. In organic search results, with more number clicks, the ranking climbs up gradually which can stay for a longer time and proves your site to be a credible one. Following are some important advantages of the organic search result:
· Cost-Effective: You do not need to spend a bulk of your budget on organic searches. The use of a good SEO strategy would help to get to the higher ranks easily. There are also some free platforms available to optimize your page with SEO.
· Reliability and Accessibility: Good SEO practices not only provide you with a good ranking but also an authority due to higher ranks.
· Longer Duration: If you keep your page updated with the right kind of SEO practices, your page would have a longer online presence and availability.
· Impressive ROI: ROI (Return on Investment) is an important consideration for a site. Organic searches provide a better and impressive ROI if SEO is exercised effectively.
Organic search results still have their drawbacks as well.
· Time Consuming: To line up the best SEO strategy that would yield the best results is the time is taken and tiring process. It requires keen thought and contemplation. Furthermore, it would take time even months to get on the first page of the SERP.
· Keep up with time: Page optimization is not a one-time task. Rather it requires continuous revision. You need to continually optimize your site to maximize your presence in search results. These optimization updates can range from page speed improvements to title tag tweaks to outreach efforts to fresh content uploads.
· Increasing Competition: In this highly competitive time, the sites have to compete among their peers on the search engine and search engines like Google at times. Hence, having a proper SEO skill set also becomes inevitable.
The rapidly increasing competition demands instant recognition in public and on SERP. For that, paid search results can prove to be the best option. It gives some of the following advantages:
· Faster and Quicker: Paid search results can get you desired position on the search result undoubtedly directly and immediately as soon as you start paying. It is because developing an evergreen content and waiting for it to climb up would take protracted time.
· Targeted: The search engines and other platforms would directly show your ads to the audience you want to target and those who seem interested in relevant products.
· Ready to buy: Targeting your ads to ready-to-buy users and transactional searches help your company generate immediate results and revenue. Paid results would get you those transactional searches. That is why a recent study shows 62% of marketers and advertisers have increased their search advertising budgets in 2019.
With all its benefits, Paid search results have their limitations as well.
· Cost: Paid search results may be proven a strike on your pocket. In order to get a good ranking, you may need to spend thousands of dollars. That may upset your budget.
· Longevity: Paid results remain on SERP till you pay for it. As soon as you stop paying your presence is gone. In this case, SEO based organic search is more helpful.
Organic results vs Paid search results are a long and critical discussion. However, both are essential for a good online presence. The key is to strike a decent balance between the two kinds of search results.